In 2001, we launched Film and Television Lighting (FAT) into the New Zealand market with our first international project Superfire - an American TV Movie. Since then, our team has provided lighting and grip equipment for hundreds of successful and award winning television and film productions worldwide. With kiwi-ingenuity at our core, we also develop equipment for the film industry designed to meet challenging situations. Our warehouse has cutting-edge rental equipment to service your project - no matter the scale or requirement.
OUR PRODUCTION HISTORY:
We have been involved in many international productions:
- The Meg - a Warner Brothers feature film about a prehistoric shark filmed on the harbour's around the Auckland area.
- The Light Between Oceans - a DreamWorks feature film set on the West Coast of Australia below Perth.
- The Shannara Chronicles - a large scale MTV production shot in New Zealand's rugged north island landscape.
- Top of the Lake - the Emmy Award-winning BBC TV Series filmed in the Queenstown area.
- Avatar, King Kong, The Hobbit and many more.
Our team takes pride in being part of the growth of the New Zealand film and television industries and assisting local up and coming talent. Some of the local productions we have been involved in are:
- Dark Horse - a recent Kiwi winner which won multiple awards around the globe.
- Pork Pie - a reimagining of the original Goodbye Pork Pie
- Boy - winner of multiple awards here and around the world.
- 800 Words - topping prime time ratings on Australian television.
- Find Me A Maori Bride